background

Monday, June 15, 2009

Master Bedroom: Before & After

I have finally started to make our townhome more of a house by decorating.  (Yes, I know it took me more than a year to start!)  The first room I tackled was the master bedroom.  Part of the reason that I have waited to begin decorating, painting, etc is that my taste changes constantly.  I probably have 10-15 duvet covers for our king bed.

Before:


Before 2:  (Please excuse the paint supplies on the floor & the white squares over the headboard.  I tested the paint before I made a final decision.)

After!  Jasmine wanted to model as well.  I really wanted something sophisticated with a pop of color which I think I achieved.  The paint color is Silver Dust by Glidden.  It can best be described as a lavender grey.
After 2:


I still need to find things to put on the walls & I will also change the lampshades.  It's funny, now that we added the curtains, the room feels larger & the walls more empty.  Oh well, more for me to do!







2 comments:

  1. I'm DYING to make some curtains for our mini blind clad master bedroom. I refuse to hang "in the meantime" curtains because that's what the mini's were supposed to be and here we are two years later looking Rough!

    So... do you have any tips, patterns, or other words of wisdom?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really, it is pretty darn easy to make the curtains. I didn't use a pattern, I just kind of winged it. I made sure to purchase extra fabric just in case I messed it up. Definitely take your time to find the perfect fabric. Also, if you haven't already, make sure you invest in a great pair of scissors & a sewing machine. The sewing machine doesn't need to be expensive, you just need to know the basics on how to use it.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete