background

Saturday, June 18, 2011

DIY nursery items

I have all of my projects completed (for now anyway), so I thought I would share some of the DIY items.  I really should have taken step by step photos as I went, but really, these are relatively easy projects to complete.

Up first are the DIY crepe paper flower balls.  I got the idea for these from this blog.  It took a few practice runs to get the flowers to look just right, but once I figured it out, they were pretty easy to make.  It was definitely time consuming, but I would just work on it while I watched TV.  I have them hanging over the diaper changing area.



Every little girl has hair bows, right?  I definitely like to have a way to display these items so I don't forget what I have.  This is a similar idea to my jewelry organizer that I made a while back.  All you need is a frame, fabric, ribbon, and glue.  Then you remove the glass from the frame, wrap the fabric around the cardboard backing, glue said fabric, then add the ribbon and glue.  It is pretty easy!


Every little girl also needs headbands, right?  Again, there needs to be a place to display and store these headbands so this mom doesn't forget about them!  I think this was the easiest of all of my projects.  To make, you will need an empty and cleaned out oatmeal container (for infants, I would recommend using a smaller container b/c the larger container was too big), fabric, and a hot glue gun.  Simply cut the fabric to fit the oatmeal container and then glue.  Now take the lid to the container, cover with fabric, and glue.  How easy was that?

There is one more project that I just can't reveal yet: her name hanging over the crib!  Once she is here and we have shared the name, I will make sure to include that as well.

1 comment:

  1. OMG- I love the headband storage idea! I'm definitely "stealing" this idea!

    ReplyDelete