background

Sunday, November 21, 2010

I guess I am an undercover crunchy/granola/whatever momma to be...

One of my SILs and I were hanging out yesterday afternoon and I learned something new.  So far, she is the only SIL (I have 4) that I have revealed my birth plan to.  As long as I remain low risk, I will be delivering at a birth center with mid-wives and would like to do a waterbirth.  This may seem crazy to some, and I am okay with that.  I just have this huge fear of hospitals and have had very serious reactions to a variety of medications, particularly Demerol & Versed, so I would like to avoid medications as much as possible.

I am not going to push my beliefs on anyone, so don't worry about that.  I think every person should do their research and go with their instinct on what they think is right for them.  Now if I become high-risk or something happens, I will obviously do whatever is best for me and/or the baby.

I also plan on breastfeeding and cloth diapering.  Gasp!  When I told my SIL that I plan on cloth diapering (CDing) she gave me a high five.  However, she told me that she was quite surprised I would go that route because I don't "seem" like the type.

I find that to be kind of funny, but at the same time, it is a good thing.  Cloth diapering sure has changed since my childhood and there are just so many options.  My mom was shocked when I showed her all the options and made the comment "what about the rubber pants?"  Yes, CDing has come a long way and is a lot easier than it used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment