background

Sunday, December 5, 2010

We have a heartbeat!

My first real midwife appointment was on Wednesday, Dec 1st.  I was quite anxious to hear the heartbeat b/c I had psyched myself out over hearing about chemical pregnancies, blighted ovums, etc.  The only "proof" I had that I was pregnant was the 4 positive HPTs and my morning sickness.  I was only 10 weeks and 1 day and I knew that a lot of times, it is not possible to detect a heartbeat with a doppler until 12 weeks. 

The midwife explained that my heartbeat will be in the 80s and the baby's heartbeat will be between 120 & 170.  She found mine right away and said "well, your heartbeat is in the high 90s, so you must be excited."  No kidding!  10 seconds later she moved the doppler over about an inch and there was the baby's heartbeat.  Talk about a sigh of relief!  She made the comment that she was quite surprised that she found it so fast.  Hopefully the baby will continue to be so cooperative which is only fair considering the amount of morning sickness I have suffered so far!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to you all! Isn't it just the best feeling in the world hearing that heartbeat! Just wait til the little bug arrives, so fun!!

    ReplyDelete