background

Monday, October 24, 2011

My new found love of prefolds

Okay, I'll admit that I did not like prefolds in the beginning.  They were bulky and I just really didn't care for them.  Well, I have found the prefold love in the last few weeks. 

I love them for a few reasons:
1) They are cheap.  You can get a dozen high quality prefolds from www.greenmountaindiapers.com for less than $35.  That's a steal!

2) They are very low maintenance.  With some diapers (mainly those with microfiber), you have to be very careful about your wash routine or you can end up with the "stinkies."  Prefolds are 100% cotton, so they are pretty resilient.

3) They dry fast.  I line dry my diapers 99% of the time and the prefolds are usually dry within a couple of hours.

4) They are easy to use.  I typically just trifold a yellow edge prefold and use it with a Flips cover or a Thirsties Duo cover.  To trifold, you lay the diaper flat, and then fold in the two sides.  All of the fluff is now in the middle.  Then you just place it in a cover.  Easy peasy!  I will say that the trifold method isn't the greatest for holding in poops, but the cover will hold the poop in, so no worries there.

I have actually sold off part of my CD stash because I use prefolds so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment