background

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

18 weeks

How far along? 18 weeks

Baby’s Size: 5 and a half inches

Baby’s Weight: 5 ounces

Development: Baby is now mastering hiccuping and yawning (but I can't feel this yet!) and now has his or own fingerprints.

Weight gain/loss: I am still down 4 pounds from pre-pregnancy.

Maternity clothes?  Yep!

Sleep: Eh, I haven't really ever been a good sleeper, but I did wake up at 3 am this morning because I was starving!

Best moment this week?  I finally figured out what the nursery will be if it is a boy.

Symptoms: Not really much besides an expanding belly.

Labor signs?: No!

Movement?: Nope.  The midwives think I have an anterior placenta (meaning it is in the front), so they think that my feeling of movement might be delayed.

Belly button in or out?:  Still in.  However, I have always had a very deep belly button (I could fit pretty much my whole pinky finger in there!)  Chris commented this week that he can actually see the end of my belly button now!  Haha!

What I miss: Sushi and rare steak

Food cravings/aversions: Sweets: butterfingers, root beer floats, & oreos

What I'm looking forward to: 
The anatomy scan tomorrow!

Milestones: Supposedly I am now in the 5th month.  That seems crazy to me!

What I look like this week:
Oh and I must tell the story that my boss's wife (who has had 3 kids) made the comment to me today that my face now looks pregnant.  She asked if I could notice the fullness in my face and I was shocked!  I don't think my face looks bigger than it did pre-pregnancy, but hey, maybe that is just me!

No comments:

Post a Comment