background

Friday, April 22, 2011

Catching up: 4 yr anniversary weekend

Chris and I decided that it was important for us to celebrate our last anniversary as just the two of us.  We haven't been able to spend a lot of time together recently due to our work schedules and the fact that Chris has been working 7 days a week.

Anyway, we decided just to head over to the beach for a 3 day weekend.  This was going to be my first day of vacation since I started my job in July.  Yeah, that lasted until 9:30 in the morning when the texts and calls started.  Why was I not surprised?!?

We dropped Jasmine off at doggie daycare for the weekend and then we were on our way out.  Chris made a turn and my car died in the middle of the intersection.  Yes, my 2011 car died!  Thankfully we were able to coast into a gas station and then Chris got out to push it the rest of the way to a parking spot.  We immediately called emergency roadside service and they said it would be about an hour for the tow truck to arrive.  Thankfully I still had AC and Chris had already determined it was the transmission that went out.

Since we were only a couple of miles from home, Chris decided to run home (literally) to get his car so we could still have our beach weekend.  The tow truck arrived and we followed it to the dealership and said we would call on Saturday for an update.

We were now on the road for our trip!  Whew!  Chris's 92 4Runner to the rescue!  LOL!

We stayed at a cute little hotel in Flagler which is probably my favorite beach.  The hotel was actually pet friendly and didn't have weight or breed restrictions, so we could have taken Jasmine with us.  Flagler beach is also dog friendly and that is where we normally go for our beach days. 

We had a wonderful weekend enjoying each other and discussing the baby and what our future holds.  We took a lot of walks along the beach and just had a relaxing time.  It was wonderful.

Here are some photos from that weekend:

(Please excuse the crappy point & shoot photos, I have no idea what was going on with the white balance.)



Sunset at St. Augustine Beach:


That's right-I went bare belly!  LOL!  I don't have any stretch marks (fingers crossed it stays this way!), so I figured why not?!?




Chris got to play photographer for a quick sunrise shoot.  He told me just to set the camera on auto and he would be fine.  Ummm, my normal camera doesn't have auto, only my back up does.  I did all of the settings for him and then let him go.  We also did a quick prep session of "this looks good, this doesn't, so if I am doing this-tell me!" 

It was actually quite cold that morning (low 50s) and I was freezing!  We had to take advantage of being at the beach at sunrise though.  I was 25 weeks 5 days in this photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment